Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Amazon's anime section is a train wreck.

Screen capture of results when looking for anime in Amazon and sorting by price low to high.
        Amazon is the number one place to go because reasons such as having terrible physical retail experience, not being able to find the item, living farthest from stores, and etc. That is why people might as well get a Prime membership anyway. The shipping options are the fastest and affordable than other competitors. Despite their shenanigans, Amazon still remains a popular online store. But seriously, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT ANIME SECTION MY DUDES!?

        The problem with the anime section at Amazon is that there are shows and movies that ARE NOT ANIME but are categorized under ANIME. Most of my days in the anime section have me looking at Serial Experiments Lain as I say to myself that I need to start and finish this series again because I bought a later VHS volume of the show without considering if that volume had the first episode when I was at the dollar store when I was a kid. Then I look down and find Promare, which is getting home release in May. Okay, I have to wait on this one...So I look further and further and I ended asking myself this question: SINCE WHEN IS PAW PATROL AN ANIME!?

        The situation just shows that Amazon's store listings for Anime DVDs and Blu-Rays needs to be fixed bad. I don't even know what caused this phenomenon. Could it be a disgruntled employee? If so, they need to get shit figured out for their workers. Could it be done by AI? It can be possible. Is someone pulling pranks? If the whole was a series of trolling, it would be understandable. We don't know what on earth happened. Oh my goodness, that is going to need a fix. Someone needed to point this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment