Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

What is the Dual PC setup and how it felt when I tried it?




    Streaming and recording gameplay for your videos is not easy. It takes resources when you game and it will take more if you do both. What if you are to ease the strain on your gaming PC? What other destination can your footage go? Many streamers seems to do this. They do their gaming on their hardware but did you know there might be another computer in the same room? This technique is why.

    The dual PC setup involves two computers. One does the gaming while another HDMI cord travels to the capture card that is plugged in another computer. One computer does the gaming and the other handles the recording and streaming. This is a process that lessens the technical difficulties and (especially because) puts less stress on the gaming PC. That said, I tried it out. I did my gaming on my newly built RTX 3070 Gaming rig as an additional HDMI cord sends signal duplicating my display to my Elgao HD60X Capture card that is plugged into a GTX1060 gaming laptop. The results were pleasing. Why didn't I used this the whole time? I should have thought of that.

    

    In a recent video reviewing my new Elgato capture card, I admitted to doing that and I tested with multiple games. After going through many tutorials, I managed to capture a lot of games. Some of these games: Action Taimanin, Quake 2 RTX, Ghostrunner, and Amid Evil. The results were very pleasing as I sensed the decrease in complications going forward. If I were to have OBS installed in the laptop while I did the gaming on my desktop PC, I never would have ran into technical complications. 

    I am also planning out a means to getting a secondary rig for recording and streaming and are researching for multiple options and that secondary rig can be used for, Recording/Streaming and editing. The move will put in less stress and give more breathing room. Heck, I don't even have to worry about taxing my Gaming PC when I record games with RTX enabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment